THE APPLICATION FOR 2013 WILL BECOME AVAILABLE IN EARLY JANUARY '13. PLEASE RETURN TO THE WEBSITE LATER THIS WINTER FOR MORE INFORMATION
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT BOOKMARK THIS PAGE AS THE 2013 APPLICATION WILL BE ON A DIFFERENT LINK. THE INFORMATION BELOW IS FROM THE 2012 APPLICATION SEASON AND MIGHT NOT DIRECTLY CORRESPOND TO THE 2013 APPLICATION PROCESS.
Admissions are conducted on a rolling basis. The MMSS program will make every attempt to honor the students first choice of course, but when courses are full, we cannot accept anyone else to that class. Note: MMSS is a competitive program and each year we recevied twice as many applicants as we can admit. To better increase your chances, we recommend that you apply as early as possible.
There is no specific application deadline but remember that the sooner you complete your application, the better the chance is of you being accepted and receiving your top choice!!!
The MMSS program application consists of the following:
- Online Application Form
- Letter of Recommendation
- Student Personal Statement
- High School Transcript (copies of report cards are fine!)
- $100 Application Fee (check, money order, or wire transfer only)- APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE
Online Application: Make sure you download and select a teacher or school counselor to complete the Letter of Recommendation (WORD), (PDF) and the Student Personal Statement (WORD), (PDF) (both can be submitted via mail, fax @ (734) 763-0937, or scanned email attachment to the MMSS program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Both are also available from the Online Application.
- Complete the Application, making sure you hit the "Submit" button. You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon the sucessful submission of the online application.
- Make arrangements to have a copy of your high school transcript sent/faxed/e-mailed to the MMSS program. (copies of report cards are fine!)
- Please send your $100 check/money order (payable to the University of Michigan) with any application materials not submitted online or electronically, making sure the student's name is on the check. This application fee is charged in addition to tuition and fees. It is not refundable. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH. Application fees received after May 1,2012 will be retained (not deposited) until student receives an offer of admission. For additional payment information, please visit our MMSS Program Fees page.
Only if you are unable to access the online electronic application, then you may download it here in WORD or PDF format or contact our office and we can mail, fax, or email you one. (We have deactivated this link for the '12 application season. It will come back online on January 2013). Otherwise, it is strongly prefered (as well as faster) if you would please fill out the elctronic app located below.
THE 2012 APPLICATION HAS BEEN REMOVED FOR THE SEASON. THE 2013 APPLICATION WILL GO LIVE IN JANUARY 2013.
E-mail/mail/fax your application materials to:
Michigan Math and Science Scholars
University of Michigan
2074 East Hall
530 Church Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1043
Please contact us with any questions: