Apply to the MMSS Program
ADMISSIONS ARE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS!
There is no specific application deadline, but the sooner you complete your application, the better your
chances of receiving your preferred course.
Applications WILL NOT BE REVIEWED until we receive ALL of the following items:
- Online Registration & Application Form: You must create a University of Michigan Friend Account in the process.
- Letter of Recommendation: Upon application submission, a request for letter is sent to Recommender (email address required)
- Student Personal Statement: Submitted via electronic application.
- High School Transcript: Upload a scanned transcript directly to MMSS application (e-mail, fax, or airmail if necessary)
- $100 Application Fee: APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE and will be required until May 1
Access Your Student Portal
AFTER MAY 1, APPLICATION FEE IS ONLY REQUIRED UPON ADMISSION!
The MMSS program will make every attempt to honor the student's top course preference, however, MMSS
is a competitive program receiving twice as many applicants as available positions each year.
Step-By-Step Application Process
- Create a University of Michigan Friend Account using a valid email address. You may do so by clicking here: Create a UM Friend Account.
- Please use STUDENT email addresses, as there will be opportunity to provide parent email
- Be sure to RECORD YOUR LOGIN AND PASSWORD information, as this account will be used to access all MMSS information for both the application and admissions process, and the MMSS office will NOT be able to retrieve lost passwords for you. Click here if you forgot your University of Michigan Friend Account password
- Once you have successfully created a University of Michigan Friend Account, click here to create an MMSS application (available January 2017)
- Click on "Registration" tab and fill out required information fields (You will receive confirmation email after this step)
- Continue on to the "Application" tab and enter appropriate information
- When determining course preferences, please review the course listings, faculty bios, and pictures from the 2015 courses
- Make sure a valid email address is inserted for Letter of Recommendation, as teachers will receive requests via email once submitted
- If interested in requesting Financial Aid, please complete the Financial Aid section, and upload previous year Tax Return (please black out Social Security numbers)
- You may save your application to revise at a later date if necessary, however, ensure to select "Submit" when complete
- Selecting "Submit" will send an electronic confirmation of application as well as Letter of Recommendation request via email
- To complete the application please submit $100 non-refundable application fee
- To submit via credit card access the "paying" tab (electronic confirmation will be emailed upon )
- To submit via check or money order, please mail to the address listed below (with student identification information)
- Check back to student portal to track application progress
- Once all items have been received (application, application fee, Letter of Recommendation, Personal Statement) application will go under review
- All Application decisions will be communicated via email address associated with MMSS account
Unable to submit the application online?
If you are unable to utilize the online application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 734-647-4466.
E-mail/mail/fax your relevant hard copy application materials to:
Michigan Math and Science Scholars
University of Michigan
2074 East Hall
530 Church Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1043