Curriculum vitae in .pdf format.
- Awarded SIAM Ralph E.~Kleinman Prize, 2013.
- EURASIP Signal Processing Best Paper award for Algorithms for simultaneous sparse approximation. Part I: Greedy pursuit, joint with Joel Tropp and Martin J. Strauss, 2010.
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) Douglas Engelbart Award, 2008.
- National Academy of Sciences Award for Initiatives in Research, 2008.
- Alfred P. Sloan Fellowship, 2006--2008.
- NSF University-Industry Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, 1997-1999.
- AT&T Foundation Ph.D. Fellowship, 1995-1997.
- AT&T Foundation Graduate Research Program for Women grant, 1993--1997.
- National Physical Science Consortium Graduate Fellowship (1993)--declined to attend Princeton University.
- Phi Beta Kappa, May, 1993.
- MIDAS Challenge grant, co-PI and co-director of Michigan Institute for Single Cell Data Analysis, March 2017--February 2020, $1.2 million.
- Simons Foundation Fellowship, 2017--2018.
- Samsung research funds, ``Neural Network Inspired Compressive Sensing and Image Processing,'' Prof.~Michael Flynn (ECE) PI, $60,000, 2013--2020.
- AF (Medium, Collaborative Research): Sparse Approximation: Theory and Extensions, PI, July 2012--June 2017, $603,000
- ARO 61819-MA: Semi-inner-products in Banach Spaces with Applications to Regularized Learning, Sampling, and Sparse Approximation, co-PI, July 2012--June 2013, $65,000.
- NSF SCREMS: Scientific Computing and Mathematics at the University of Michigan, co-PI, NSF DMS 1026317, September 2010--August 2013, $175,000.
- Sensing Sensors: Compressed Sampling with Co-design of Hardware and Algorithms across Multiple Layers in Wireless Sensor Networks, co-PI, NSF CIF 0910765, September 2009--August 2014, $2,900,000.
- DARPA: Theory and Practice of Analog-to-Information Conversion (Phase II), co-PI, ONR/DARPA N66001-06-1-2011, September 2008--August 2010, $750,000.
- Supported by NSF DMS 0547744, CAREER: Modeling and Analysis of Data from Massive Graphs, May 2006--April 2011.
Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellow, 2006--2008.
- Supported by DARPA/ONR N66001-06-1-2011: Theory and Practice of Analog-to-Information Conversion, January 2006--January 2007.
- Supported by NSF CNS 0540154, DDDAS-SMRP: Optimizing Signal and Image Processing in a Dynamic, Data-Driven Application System, January 2006--November 2008.
- Supported by Elizabeth C. Crosby Faculty Fellowship (University of Michigan), 2005--2006.
- Supported by NSF DMS 0354600, FRG: Collaborative Research in Algorithms for Sparse Data Representation, September 2004--August 2007.
- A. Gilbert, Y. Kotidis, S. Muthukrishnan, and M. Strauss, Dynamic Maintenance of Quantile Summaries. (Filed.)
- A. Gilbert, Y. Kotidis, S. Muthukrishnan, and M. Strauss, Method and Apparatus for Using Wavelets to Produce Data Summaries. (Filed.)
- A. Gilbert, S. Guha, P. Indyk, Y. Kotidis, S. Muthukrishnan, and M. Strauss, Method and Apparatus for Using Histograms to Produce Data Summaries. (Filed.)
- J. Fong, A. Gilbert, S. Kannan, and M. Strauss, Method for Routing Data Using a Fractional Open Shortest Path First Protocol. (Filed.)
- Barry Cipra, "Oh, What a Tangled Web We've Woven...," SIAM News, Volume 33, No. 2, 1999.
- Barry Cipra, "Sublinear Computing: When Ignorance is Bliss," SIAM News, Volume 37, No. 3, 2004.